April is Head & Neck Cancer Awareness Month
Based on the American Academy of Otolaryngology, 550, 000 individuals are clinically determined to have these Head & Neck Cancer yearly worldwide.
Important Tips for Prevention:
- Don’t smoke or use other tobacco products.
- Don’t consume alcohol frequently or heavily.
- Limit sun coverage. Use sunscreen and lips balm with strong SPF factor.
- Decrease your risk of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection – a very common intimately transmitted infection – by limiting the number of sexual partners. Note that by using a condom cannot completely protect you from the virus during sex.
- Preserve proper care of dentier – removable replacements for missing teeth and encircling tissues. Poorly kept dentier can trap cancer-causing chemicals in tobacco companies alcoholic beverages. To ensure a proper fit, have your dentier checked by a dental professional every five years. Denture should be removed every night and cleaned and rinsed properly every day.